Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Octavia Butler by Akhir

The African American writer, Octavia Butler is a truly, brilliant author. She has written all of my favorite books from Fledgling to Kindred. She has influenced me to continue to work on my creative writing. I write every night after I finish all my homework. The average time is 4 to 6 hours straight of constant writing.
She was born in California on June 22,1947 and was an only child. Octavia struggled through dyslexia as a child. Dyslexia is a reading disability. Yet, she became one of few to write award winning science fiction novels. As a child she entered numerous writing competitions, and became well known in a short amount of time.

In her story she incorporates race, sexuality and social status. Octavia causes awareness amoungst people who are unaware of the world around them. She potrays what life really is through surreal outlets of her mind. She includes all the social issues through out her writing, in a way so that it grasp your attenion on the 1st word.

She shows that anyone can overcome their disabilities and disadvantages when it comes down to your dreams and what you want out of life.

No comments: