Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Ms. Lerenman in the Arctic Day 10 and 11

All we did this morning was get up, pack, clean our rooms, eat breakfast, burn photo and video CDs, and take a group photo. I'm really going to miss Churchill, Manitoba. We took our charter plane to Winnipeg and then after 2 hours of drama with United Airlines, I got onto a flight to Denver with Laura and we hung out at the airport and watched picture slideshows as my flight to Chicago is delayed. I should get in by 2am, I hope!

Yesterday, we tied up some loose ends for Pete and Steve in terms of data. I continued to mass the dried spruce needles so that Steve could record the change in moisture in the soil through climate change. We also worked on the final movie that captures our adventures. I was in charge of the soundtrack, and it was pretty sweet. Ask me if you would like to see it.

At the end of the evening, Pete and Steve presented a summary of their data and we rejoiced. Then we watched the final movie and it was so wonderful. We celebrated the end of our stay here by watching the sunset (the moon was up at the same time as the sun) and then played some foosball and pool before we went to sleep.

Bye bye, Arctic!

No comments: